THIS SITE IS NOT OWNED OR OPERATED BY, NOR AFFILIATED WITH, ANY FEDERAL, STATE, COUNTY, OR CITY GOVERNMENT, OR ANY DEPARTMENT, BUREAU, DIVISION, OR AGENCY OF ANY OF THE FOREGOING (COLLECTIVELY, THE "GOVERNMENT").
1. USE OF THIS SITE. All persons and/or entities visiting this Site) agree to the terms and conditions set forth herein below. By Your access and use of this Site You confirm Your agreement to and, acceptance of all the terms and conditions set forth herein below. As used herein, “We”, “Us” “Ours” refers to Vehicle Registration Services, LLC (VRS) or VehicleRegistration.com. As used herein, “You”, “Your”, visitor and/or visitors and/or Users refers to the persons and/or entities visiting this Site. As used herein, “State” refers to the governmental jurisdiction(s) that oversees transactions processed on our Site(s), including but not limited to; vehicle registration, tax collection, vehicle emissions compliance and parking/toll violation collections.
This Site is owned by and, is a function of VRS. VRS is licensed by the state jurisdiction to process vehicle registration papers and issue registration cards, license plates and stickers for its customers. VRS IS NOT A GOVERNMENT AGENCY AND OPERATES INDEPENDENTLY. ALL TRANSACTIONS PROCESSED THROUGH THIS SITE ARE CONSISTENT WITH THE LAWS AND REGULATIONS AS SET FORTH BY THE STATE AND THE CONTRACT BETWEEN VRS AND THE STATE. THE PROCESSES AND PROCEDURES USED BY THIS SITE ARE DEVELOPED BY VRS AND ITS AFFILIATES. SOME OF THE VRS PROCEDURES MAY NOT BE CONSISTENT WITH THOSE OF THE STATE BUT IN COMPLIANCE WITH STATE LAW.
2. CORRECTIONS AND MODIFICATIONS. VRS is under no obligation to update, correct, or otherwise modify any information contained, residing, or transmitted to this or any Site owned by VRS Every reasonable effort has been made to ensure the information presented and contained on these Sites is accurate and correct. However, there may be inadvertent (technical and/or factual) inaccuracies including, but not limited to, typographical errors contained therein. Information contained on the VRS Site may also become outdated. While VRS disclaims any and all responsibility for updating or correcting any information placed on its Sites, VRS reserves the right to revise this Agreement at any time by updating this posting. Your continued use of the Site constitutes your agreement to comply with such revisions; therefore, you should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Agreement. This Agreement and any modifications thereto are valid and binding upon you.
3. CONSENT TO MONITORING AND DISCLOSURE. VRS is under no obligation to monitor the information residing on or, transmitted to the VRS Sites. However, anyone accessing VRS Sites agrees that VRS may, in its sole discretion, monitor any of its Sites in order to (1) comply with any necessary laws, regulations, or governmental requests; (2) operate the Sites in a manner VRS deems proper or to protect against conduct VRS deems inappropriate. VRS shall have the right, but not the obligation, to reject or eliminate any information residing on or transmitted to any VRS Site that it believes is unacceptable or inconsistent with these terms and conditions.
To the extent VRS receives information or materials through the VRS Sites, including but not limited to feedback, data, answers, questions, comments, suggestions, plans, or ideas, such information or material shall be conclusively deemed to be non-confidential. VRS assumes no obligation or responsibility to protect such information from such disclosure. The submission of information or materials to VRS through any of the VRS Sites shall in no way prevent the purchase, manufacture, or use of similar products, services, plans, and ideas by VRS for any purpose whatever. In addition, VRS shall have the right, in any form now or hereafter known, to reproduce, use, disclose, distribute, transmit, create derivative works from, and publicly display and perform, any information or materials submitted by visitors/users through any of the VRS Sites.
4. ENDORSEMENTS AND LINKED SITE.Periodically, VRS may make reference on its Sites to the products, services, processes, hypertext links, or other information of third parties (hereinafter “Third Party Products”). Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references shall not constitute or imply any endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation whatsoever of any such Third Party Products. Third Party Products are the sole and exclusive responsibility of the third party owner and/or provider. VRS shall not be responsible in any manner or at all for the Third Party Products or, the content on any third party Internet Site that may be linked to any of the VRS Sites.
VRS makes no guarantees, representations or warranties about the accuracy, currency, content, or quality of information provided by such Sites, any products or services provided by such websites, any results that may be obtained from using such websites, the legality of the products or services provided by such Sites, or the privacy or other practices of such websites, and we assume no responsibility for unintended, objectionable, inaccurate, misleading, or unlawful content that may reside on those Sites. UNLESS EXPRESSLY SO STATED, THE INCLUSION OF A LINKED SITE IS FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE ONLY AND IS NOT INTENDED AND SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED AS AN ENDORSEMENT OR RECOMMENDATION OF THE LINKED SITE OR ITS CONTENT. IF YOU DECIDE TO ACCESS ANY OF THE THIRD PARTY SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE, INCLUDING THOSE THAT WE RECOMMEND, YOU DO SO ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND OUR RECOMMENDATION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A GUARANTEE OR WARRANTY OF THEIR SERVICES OR PRODUCTS. THE INCLUSION OF A LINKED SITE OF A GOVERNMENTAL AGENCY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY STATE MOTOR VEHICLE DEPARTMENT IS ALSO DONE FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE. OUR LINKING TO SUCH A SITE SHOULD NOT BE CONFUSED WITH THE FACT THAT WE ARE A PRIVATE, NON GOVERNMENTAL FOR PROFIT BUSINESS UNRELATED TO SUCH GOVERNMENTAL AGENCY OR STATE MOTOR VEHICLE DEPARTMENT.
THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY FOR THE ACCURACY, CONTENT, PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR AVAILABILITY OF INFORMATION FOUND ON THIS SITE AND ON OTHER WEBSITES THAT LINK TO OR FROM THIS SITE. THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE SECURITY OF ANY INFORMATION, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INFORMATION THAT YOU MIGHT BE REQUESTED TO GIVE ANY THIRD PARTY WEB SITE. THE COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ORDER, ENTRY, FULFILLMENT, PAYMENT PROCESSING, SHIPPING, CANCELLATIONS, RETURNS OR CUSTOMER SERVICE CONCERNING ORDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES FROM WEB SITES OWNED OR OPERATED BY ANY THIRD PARTY.
5. LINKING POLICY. The Materials on this Site contain intellectual property that is protected from unauthorized use, copying and dissemination by copyright, trademark and other laws. If you link to this Site, we require that you follow these guidelines. The link to this Site must not damage, dilute or tarnish the goodwill associated with the Company, this Site, or any affiliated websites or companies, or any intellectual property of the foregoing, nor may the link or a reference to the link include a false statement that your website and/or organization is sponsored, endorsed by, affiliated and/or associated with the Company or this Site, or any affiliated websites or companies. You agree that you will not link to this Site from any source that is unlawful, abusive, indecent or obscene, or that promotes violence or illegal acts, or that contains expressions of racism, or that is libelous, defamatory, scandalous, inflammatory or otherwise inappropriate. Under no circumstances may you frame this Site or alter its intellectual property or content in any way. We are not responsible for the content of any website that may link to this Site.
When you order or purchase a VehicleRegistration.com product, you may choose to give us contact and payment information (such as credit card information) so we may process your order. When you pay for any VehicleRegistration.com product using a credit card, we use your credit card information only to fulfill your order and for other internal purposes.
6. SECURITY. Any user of the VRS server(s) or Site(s) agrees to comply with any security processes and procedures (such as passwords) specified by US with respect to access to or use of the VRS Sites. Unless specifically authorized by VRS in writing, users of any of the VRS server(s) or Site(s) further agrees not to access or attempt to access any areas of or, through the Sites that are not intended for general public access.
7. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. THE USER OF THE VRS SYSTEM(S) AND SITE(S) ASSUMES ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND/OR RISK FOR THE USE OF THE SERVER, SITE, AND THE INTERNET GENERALLY. VRS ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, ASSIGNS, AND SHAREHOLDERS DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, AND/OR ENDORSEMENTS, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, WITH REGARD TO THE INFORMATION ACCESSED FROM, OR VIA, THE VRS SERVER(S), SITE(S), OR THE INTERNET, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SYSTEM INTEGRATION, DATA ACCURACY, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. VRS DOES NOT ASSUME AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY LEGAL LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, USEFULNESS, OR TIMELINESS OF ANY INFORMATION, APPARATUS, PRODUCT, OR PROCESS DISCLOSED ON ANY OF THE VRS SERVER(S), SITE(S), OR OTHER MATERIAL ACCESSIBLE FROM ANY OF THE VRS SERVER(S), SITE(S), OR INTERNET. IN NO EVENT SHALL VRS OR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE VRS SITE(S), OR THE INTERNET GENERALLY, UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION OR LEGAL THEORY, OR FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTS, ARISING DIRECTLY AND/OR INDIRECTLY OUT OF OR, IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE INFORMATION ON THE VRS SERVER(S), SITE(S), OR THE INTERNET GENERALLY EVEN IF VRS HAS BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NO ACTION, REGARDLESS OF FORM, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THE VRS SERVER(S), SITE(S), OR THE INTERNET GENERALLY MAY BE BROUGHT BY A USER/VISITOR MORE THAN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE USER/VISITOR KNEW OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE OCCURRENCE OF THE EVENT(S) THAT MAY HAVE GIVEN RISE TO SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION.
THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE VRS SERVER(S) AND/OR SITE(S) IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SYSTEM INTEGRATION, OR DATA ACCURACY. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION GIVEN BY VRS ITS AFFILIATES OR ITS RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY. NEITHER VRS NOR ITS AFFILIATES WARRANT THAT THE INFORMATION OR MATERIALS ON ITS SERVER(S), SITE(S), OR ON THE INTERNET GENERALLY WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE OR THAT ANY INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, OR OTHER MATERIALS ACCESSIBLE FROM THIS SERVER, WEB SITE, OR THE INTERNET GENERALLY IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
OUR LIABILITY TO YOU IS LIMITED. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE COMPANY AND ANY RELATED ENTITIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES CAUSED OR ALLEGEDLY CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, FAILURE OF DELIVERY OF SERVICE, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATIONS LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR UNLAWFUL USE OF RECORDS, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, tort (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NEGLIGENCE AND STRICT LIABILITY), PRODUCT LIABILITY, OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION OR THEORY or form of action, EVEN IF COMPANY AND ANY RELATED ENTITIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO OUR PROVISION OF (OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE) SERVICE, EVEN IF A REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY OR ANY RELATED ENTITY BE LIABLE FOR ANY ACTUAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE, THE MATERIALS OR ANY SERVICES, THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, WEB SITES LINKED TO OR FROM THIS SITE, OR FOR ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOU AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT HOLD THE COMPANY OR ANY RELATED ENTITY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SELECTION OR RETENTION OF, OR ANY ACTS, ERRORS, OR OMISSIONS BY, ANY THIRD PARTY IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SITE, THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, OR WEB SITES LINKED TO OR FROM THIS SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS AND ADVERTISERS, THOSE WITH WHOM THE COMPANY CONTRACTS TO OPERATE VARIOUS PORTIONS OF THIS SITE, AND THOSE TO WHOM THE COMPANY PROVIDES LINKS FOR CONTENT, ADVERTISING AND/OR ANY OTHER TYPE OF DATA OR INFORMATION.
YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SERVICE IS TO OBTAIN A REFUND OR CANCELLATION, AND YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE IS TO STOP USING THE SITE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF COMPANY AND ANY RELATED ENTITIES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO OUR PROVISION OF (OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE) SERVICE SHALL BE THE ACTUAL PRICE PAID THEREFORE BY YOU OR ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100.00) IF YOU HAVE NOT HAD ANY PAYMENT OBLIGATIONS TO COMPANY, AS APPLICABLE. THE LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN COMPANY AND YOU.
BY ACCESSING THIS SITE, I UNDERSTAND THAT I MAY BE WAIVING RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO CLAIMS THAT ARE AT THIS TIME UNKNOWN OR UNSUSPECTED, AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH SUCH WAIVER, I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND, AND HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVE, THE BENEFITS OF SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF CALIFORNIA, WHICH PROVIDES AS FOLLOWS: "A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR."
8. NO ADVICE. The information and materials contained on VRS Site(s) are intended for informational purposes and are not intended to offer advice, legal, financial, or otherwise, about specific situations or problems. VRS encourages all visitors and users to obtain competent and professional advice on all matters requiring such advice or guidance.
ANY RELIANCE UPON ANY ADVICE, OPINION, STATEMENT OR OTHER INFORMATION DISPLAYED OR DISTRIBUTED THROUGH THIS SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK OF LOSS RESULTING FROM YOUR DOWNLOADING AND/OR USE OF FILES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIALS ACCESSED THROUGH OR OBTAINED BY MEANS OF THIS SITE.
9. FAILURE TO COMPLY. VRS hereby reserves the right to terminate or restrict the access of any user or visitor to this or any of its Sites without notice should it determine that a user has violated (or is threatening to violate) any of these Terms and Conditions. VRS also reserves any and all remedies at law or equity in connection with any suspected violation of these Terms and Conditions.
10. PERSONAL USE LIMITATION. This Website is for the visitor’s personal, non-commercial use only. Such users utilizing any of the VRS Sites may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, products, or services obtained from this Website. Any visitor warrants that all information supplied by such visitor or on behalf of such visitor in using this Website is true and accurate.
11. COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARKS NOTICES. The content, information, organization, graphics, designs, compilation, digital conversion and other materials published on or used on this Site, including, but not limited to, articles, opinions, text, directories, guides, photographs, illustrations, images, as well as the trademarks, logos, domain names, trade names, service marks, and any other forms of intellectual property (collectively, "Materials") are owned by VRS or the attributed parties. All rights are reserved. Certain trademarks, trade names and service marks appearing on this Website are owned by VRS and, its affiliates. All rights are reserved with respect to those marks and names.
UNAUTHORIZED COPYING, REPRODUCTION, REPUBLISHING, UPLOADING, DOWNLOADING, POSTING, TRANSMITTING, DUPLICATING OR ANY OTHER MISUSE OF ANY OF THE MATERIALS IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PROVISION ONLY APPLIES TO SITE MATERIAL AND DOES NOT INCLUDE MATERIALS FOUND THROUGH LINKING TO ANOTHER SITE NOT OWNED BY THE COMPANY. FOR PURPOSES OF CLARIFICATION; ALL GOVERNMENT FORMS, APPLICATIONS, DOCUMENTS, CONTENT, AND INFORMATION ACCESSED BY YOU VIA HYPERLINKS FROM VEHICLEREGISTRATION.COM, THAT LINK TO A GOVERNMENT ENTITY, ARE THE PROPERTY OF THE RESPECTIVE GOVERNMENT ENTITY. THE COMPANY MAKES NO OWNERSHIP CLAIMS TO SUCH GOVERNMENT INFORMATION.
You do not and cannot acquire any ownership rights to any Materials viewed through this Site without our express written permission, or the express written permission of the appropriate owner.
12. INDEMNITY. When visiting any of the VRS Sites such visitors and, any of them, hereby agree to indemnify, defend, and hold VRS harmless, including, its subsidiaries and affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and any of its agents and subsidiaries of, and from any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses, or expenses, including attorney’s fees and costs whatsoever arising directly and/or indirectly out of or in any way connected with any such visitor’s access to or, use of this Website.
13. NO UNLAWFUL OR PROHIBITED USE. We impose certain restrictions on your permissible use of this Site. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate any security features of this Site, including, without limitation, (a) accessing content or data not intended for you, or logging onto a server or account that you are not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of this Site, or any associated network or system, or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (c) interfering or attempting to interfere with service to any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, by means of submitting a virus to this Site, overloading, flooding, spamming, mail bombing, or crashing; (d) using this Site to send unsolicited e-mail, including, without limitation, promotions, or advertisements for products or services; (e) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information of any e-mail; or (f) attempting to modify, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise reduce or attempt to reduce to a human-perceivable form any of the source code used by the Company in providing this Site. Any violation of system or network security may subject you to civil and/or criminal liability.
As a condition to any visitor’s use of this Website, such visitor warrants that he/she/it will not use this Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices. Modification of these Terms and Conditions: VRS reserves the right in its sole discretion to change the terms, conditions, and notices under which this Website is offered at any time.
14. CREDIT CARD SUBMISSION. Upon such visitor’s submission of his/her/its vehicle and credit card information, VRS at its sole option, will charge such visitor’s credit card for the agreed amount and either, fully complete the registration process, or set a Report of Deposit of Fees (RDF) with the state. These charges are non-refundable. In order for such visitor to receive his/her/its registration renewal and sticker, each such visitor must successfully pay the fees due and provide a digital or fax copy of any and all items required by the state to complete such visitor’s registration renewal. The VRS processing fee is non-refundable should such visitor fail to provide any items or identification requested by the state. Should such visitor fail to provide any requested items required by the state, VRS will refund the transaction amount to such visitor’s credit card less, the VRS processing fee.
15. REFUND POLICY. ALL SALES ARE FINAL. Once VRS has transmitted funds on behalf of such visitor to the state, no cancellations, refunds or returns shall be accepted. VRS generally transmits fees to the state immediately following such visitor’s payment submission. If any such visitor disputes the amount of state fees transmitted on such visitor’s behalf to the state, such visitor must thereafter contact the state directly in order to resolve the amount of disputed state fees. VRS has no control over the amount the state charges or collects. State fees, vehicle license fees, parking/toll violations and sales tax are non-refundable by VRS once such fees have been transmitted and are in possession of the state. VRS is not responsible for incorrect information provided to VRS by any such visitor or, by others on behalf of such visitor.
16. EXCEPTIONS. Should VRS fail to provide the services herein; or, should VRS process such visitor’s transaction incorrectly, such visitor may request a refund, not to exceed the VRS service fee. Such refund will be credited back to the bankcard originally used by such visitor within five (5) business days of the VRS acceptance and agreement to issue such refund.
18. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION THAT MAY BE REQUIRED BY USER. In order to complete the User’s vehicle registration process, the state may require additional items for the vehicle submitted by User in this transaction, including but not limited to, satisfactory proof of current vehicle liability insurance and/or proof of a current vehicle smog inspection report on file with the state. VRS will accept these additional required items, via facsimile or digital copy.
19. FAILURE TO PROVIDE REQUESTED INFORMATION. After ten (10) calendar days of setting the Report of Deposit of Fees (RDF) with the state, should User fail to provide all required, additional information needed to complete full registration renewal for the vehicle presented herein by User, VRS will mail User’s RDF to the address User provided. In order for User to receive a valid vehicle registration certificate for the vehicle presented herein by User, User must provide any additional items required by the state to VRS or, directly to the state. VRS assumes no responsibility for obtaining and providing these required items to the state.
20. GUARANTEE/DELIVERY POLICY. If User has selected to have User’s vehicle registration renewal processed for express delivery, User must first comply with all of the following requirements:
Provided User has complied with all of the aforementioned requirements and all required items are received by VRS by 3:00pm, Pacific Time, Monday through Friday (excluding legal holidays or in cases where required data is not available to VRS in order to complete User’s order), VRS will express ship User’s completed vehicle registration certificate to the “ship to” address entered by User on this Website. VRS is not responsible for any delays due the part of the courier service nor is it responsible for any lost, damaged or mutilated items being shipped through the express courier service. VRS reserves the right to choose the express courier service used in this transaction.
21. ADDITIONAL FEES/LATE PENALTIES. User agrees that any delays in providing any items requested by VRS may result in additional fees and/or penalties assessed by the state. The cost of the registration renewal for the vehicle presented herein is valid for the date that of VRS processes this request. VRS is not responsible for any additional fees and/or penalties assessed by the state after the date upon which this registration renewal request is processed.
22. COMMENTS AND INQUIRIES. Any response from the Company to any inquiries are for information and educational purposes only and should not be interpreted as advice of any type.
23. NOTICES. Communications made through this Site or the Site's e-mail or messaging system shall in no way be deemed to constitute legal notice to the Company or any of its officers, employees, agents or representatives, such as where notice to the Company is required by contracts, or any Government laws, rules, or regulations.
All legal notices should be directed to our corporate address “Corporate Address”:
Vehicle Registration Services, Inc.
Attn: Website Administrator
P.O Box 579
Elk Grove CA 95759
25. TERMINATION. Either you or we may terminate your access to the Site at any time, with or without cause, and with or without prior notice. If you want to terminate your legal agreement with us, you may do so by notifying Company at our Corporate Address. Without limiting the foregoing, we may terminate your access if you violate this Agreement. Upon termination for any reason, your right to access and/or use our Site will immediately cease. Upon termination, you will have no further access to, and we may delete, any information, files, or materials in or related to your account. You agree that we will have no liability whatsoever to you or any other party as a result of a termination of your access to the Site and to your account and/or as a result of the deletion of any information, files, or materials in or related to your account.
Upon any termination, discontinuation, or cancellation of your account or products or services that you purchase through the Site, all provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive will survive, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, limitations of liability, and dispute resolution provisions. Upon any termination of your account by you or us, you will continue to be obligated to pay all amounts owing under this Agreement, which are due and payable prior to such termination and related to any products or services that you purchased through the Site.
26. GOVERNING LAW. Any disputes resulting from any visitor use of the VRS server(s) or site(s) shall be construed and enforced under the laws of the State of California without regard to choice of laws. Visitors hereby submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of Sacramento County, California, and hereby waive any objection to venue with respect to any action brought in such courts. In any dispute, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover its reasonable attorney’s fees and costs including costs of suit from the non-prevailing party. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, the validity, legality, or enforceability of the remaining provisions shall in no way be affected or impaired thereby.
27. DISPUTE RESOLUTION.
To begin an arbitration proceeding, you must comply with the limitations provision set forth in subsection (E) and send a letter requesting arbitration and describing your claim to our Corporate Address. Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA's rules. Company will reimburse those fees for Disputes totaling less than $10,000 unless the arbitrator determines the Dispute is frivolous. Likewise, Company will not seek attorneys' fees and costs in arbitration unless the arbitrator determines the Dispute is frivolous. The arbitration will be conducted based upon written submissions unless you request and/or the arbitrator determines that a telephone or in-person hearing is necessary.
B. No Class Action Matters. We each agree that we shall bring any Dispute against the other in our respective individual capacities and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class, representative proceeding, or as an association. In addition, we each agree that Disputes shall be arbitrated only on an individual basis and not in a class, consolidated or representative action. The arbitrator does not have the power to vary these provisions.
C. Choice of Law and Forum; No Jury Trial. If for any reason a Dispute proceeds in court: (i) except with respect to a qualifying claim over a Dispute in a small claims court, you agree that any such Dispute may only be instituted in a state or federal court in San Diego County, California; (ii) you and Company irrevocably consent and submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of such courts for resolution of such Disputes; (iii) you and Company agree that the Federal Arbitration Act, the AAA rules, applicable federal law and the laws of the State of California, without regard to principles of conflicts of law, will govern this Dispute Agreement and any Disputes; and (iv) you and Company agree to waive any right to a trial by jury.
D. Injunctive Relief. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Dispute Agreement, either party may bring suit in court seeking an injunction or other equitable relief arising out of or relating to the infringement of a party’s intellectual property or any conduct that violates Section 6 (Prohibited Actions) of this Agreement.
E. Time Limitations. If either of us wants to assert a Dispute against the other, the party with a Dispute must institute arbitration within one (1) year from the date the Dispute arose. Absent commencing the arbitration within one (1) year from the date the Dispute arose, the Dispute(s) will be forever barred.
F. Severability. With the exception of subsection (B) above, if any part of this section is ruled to be unenforceable, then the balance of this section shall remain in full effect and construed and enforced as if the portion ruled unenforceable were not contained herein. If subsection (B) above is ruled to be unenforceable, then subsection (A) shall be deemed unenforceable, but the rest of this section shall remain in full effect.
28. JURY TRIAL AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, YOU WAIVE THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY WITH RESPECT TO ANY DISPUTE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE SERVICE, OR YOUR ACCESS AND USE OF THE SITE. YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES OR CONTROVERSIES BETWEEN YOU AND COMPANY SHALL BE RESOLVED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION AND SHALL NOT BE CONSOLIDATED WITH THE CLAIMS OF ANY OTHER PARTIES. YOUR WAIVER OF THE RIGHT TO BRING ANY DISPUTE AS A CLASS ACTION SHALL NOT BE DEEMED UNENFORCEABLE EVEN IF THE GOVERNING STATE LAW WOULD OTHERWISE PERMIT THE ACTION TO BE FILED AND PROSECUTED AS A CLASS ACTION.
30. SEVERABILITY / WAIVER. If a court of competent jurisdiction finds any term or condition in this Agreement to be unenforceable, all other terms and conditions will remain unaffected and in full force and effect. No waiver of any breach of any provision of this Agreement shall constitute a waiver of any prior, concurrent, or subsequent breach of the same or any other provisions hereof, and no waiver shall be effective unless made in writing and signed by an authorized representative of the waiving party. To the extent that anything in or associated with this Site is in conflict or inconsistent with this Agreement, this Agreement shall take precedence.
31. INTERNATIONAL USE. We control and operate the Site from our offices in the State of California, United States of America, and all information is processed within the United States. We do not represent that materials on the Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access the Site from outside the United States do so voluntarily and are responsible for compliance with their local laws.
32. CALIFORNIA USERS - CONSUMER RIGHTS NOTICE. Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, users of the Site from California are entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice: The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted by mail at 1625 North Market Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.
You may also contact us in writing regarding any inquiries, questions about pricing, or complaints by mail at our Corporate Address.
33. ACKNOWLEDGEMENT. BY ACCESSING THIS SITE OR USING THE INFORMATION OR SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS SITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND THEREBY.
Last revised April 1, 2018.